Bret's Playlist For His Journey Home
I chose a mixture of sad, reflective, and upbeat tunes to carry me on home...
- Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan (His best album next to Highway 61...much more range anyway...masters of war, don't think twice, oxford town, corina corina)
- Coldplay - Parachutes (Just an unstoppable CD that sadly got too big too fast...this band needed time...they didn't get it...bummer...spies, yellow)
- Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street (My favorite stones album...virginia...other tunes basically 4-8 that are just unstoppable)
- The Beatles - Abbey Road (come together, golden slumbers, carry that weight, here comes the sun)
- Ryan Adams - Heartbreker (The whole damn thing is good...except the last two tracks..."No it's not it's bona drag...I'll bet you 5 bucks...I'll take that bet...)
- Van Morrison - Moon Dance (Is there a better overall CD that I own...I don't know...Even "brand new day" is friggin unstoppable)
- The Flying Burrito Brothers - The Gilded Palace of Sin (This band should have been more and if they could have been than the Eagles would have never been...and that would have made the world a wonderful place...Sin City, Do Right Woman , Dark End of the Street)
- Oasis - Standing On the Shoulder of Giant (gas panis, where did it all go wrong, roll it over...the rest of it is a wash...but those songs, especially gas panic...just jiggle something loose everytime)
- Radiohead - The Bends (Well ok computer is sorta scratched plus after careful consideration I think this album is better...less angry anyway..."fake plastic trees" is just too good)
- Black Crowes - Seeing thing for the first time (This song is just the saddest damn song in the world and then it comes back to pat you on the back and say, "Get up you sissy...things are good where you are"..damnit I'll be listening to this on take-off and landing)
I know it's not the most eclectic list in the world...but this is what I chose out of all of them to capture the range I was actually going to experience...I think it's tragically sad and wonderful that I need musc to get perspective on moments and get me through...
This is my last Blog from Korea...Good luck to all whom I have loved...I'll see you again...real people keep promises...All my best...mwhaaa