Monday, September 29, 2003
I am still way to free to tell myself when to go to bed. As if the sun coming up tomorrow really has something to do with my agenda of thinking, learning, and talking electronically to people. So bed yous a gonna have ta hold on...
It feels so incredibly lonely to be in this house that is now void of all furniture and other life...if anyone wants to like come over and party or whatever *so I says with a face that I used when I was 8 and wanted a new GI Joe*
Musical Observation brought to you by launch.com---well since I hit my 400 song limit for the month...I am forced to listen to what they have chosen via my other selections...hi and lo lites for ya...
- Are You The One? - Miranda Sex Garden (This is just horse farts. They sound like a really bad girl band trying to cover the Smiths but not wanting to break free from their love for bananarama
- Natural Blues - Moby (I could stand this if I knew it was someone other than Moby...and I think somewhere deep down I like Moby but feel I would get beat up if I said that too loud...or else I may be recruited for that 5 queers and a straight guy show...but this is ok if I imagine like Ike Turner at the knobs with ho's and drugs splashed about cutting this track)
- I don't know who Tony Rich is but he tells me has risen again...I immediately never want to hear him...
- I Wanna Be Sedated - The Ramones (This song never did it for me after I first heard it in my early teens on :My So Called Life" That girl was really hot though...Not Claire Danes...the messed up one...
- The Last Laugh Of The Laughter - Travis (For those who still don't hang out with Travis...I suggest you change your tune...but probably not to this tune...blue lights flashing is friggin solid
- The Long Run - Eagles (You know where the "Glen Fry and Joe Walsh finally died in a plane crash" party will be...at my house baby!...Mr. Parsons is turning somewhere)
- Rhiannon - Fleetwood Mac (I used to have this crazy recurring dream about partying with Fleetwood Mac...and at the end, sleeping with Stevie Nicks...this band should have been smaller and less liked so that way other people could still hang out and not feel all cheesy)
- Silent Sigh- Badly Drawn Boy (Easily the most underrated artist in America...Why are we so stupid about our Pop..he is in town next month..ill be seeing some shows...I recommend going out and getting some BDB tunes...and that movie he did the soundtrack for, "About a Boy", was well underrated...it was at least as good as other cheesy ass kid cuteness movies...with a touch of that wonderful dry brit humor...and I have some weird appreciation for Hugh Grant...that and seeing English people makes me feel really healthy)
- Almost Fucked A Midget - Eddie Murphy (Do your day a favor and download Eddie Murphy...everything you can get your hands on...he was a genius before the...well...whatever he got into...)
- Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World (Do people still get away with the songs where they have no lyrics...so they just go "Whoaaaaaooaaa")
- Just Like Heaven - The Cure (You know I think groups of people can totally hinder a young person from liking certain music...because this is ok to listen to and all...but come on did you wanna be that kid with patches on their bookbags and lots of eye makeup and doc martens...nope...not I...so I just peed all over bands like "the cure")
- Oxford Town - Bob Dylan (One of the greatest lyrical Dylan tunes...seriously)
- You're Pretty Good Looking - The White Stripes (This song is just atrocious...when they played this in concert I just stood there with my middle finger up for the entire thing...Jack totally saw me...me and my flag of "Hey your song sucks ass!")
Other Side - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Horrible...by now you know my hatred for the chili peppers...horrible generic music industry made rock...)
- Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones (Just a great song to start off the day...i used to not dig it because it was in Goodfellas and I think scorsese just gets ridiculous with his use of the the Stones...but after a while this just grew on me so much)
- Can't Get You Out Of My Head - The Flaming Lips (Just an unstoppable remake of a fun bad pop song...just so flaming lips...shouldn't they be in public office by now)
- Iris - Goo Goo Dolls (I'm not concerned with my image here...I like this song...and for all the right reasons)
- Round Are Way - Oasis (I actually wrote a Rosedale version of this song one night in a drunken haze while listening to my old oasis b-sides..."Yeah round our way the bums drink with ya...hey you sittin at Lee's you wanna be me...")
- Trailer Trash - Modest Mouse (It's a love hate relationship between us)
Aight im tired and going to bed...