New Music for that Ass
- This reminds a little of Animalistic's Sung Tongs - but not - I don't know it sort of feels like a mellow Modest Mouse and Morissey singing. I really do like it. I wish they weren't going to get so popular. Word has it they will be the opener for Coldplay on their next tour.
- Hipsters have heard of her and if you have gone out on the net to read any trendy people's website about what was cool and what wasn't this year than you saw this girl under "cool". I think she's touring with Conor and Bright Eyes so that just sunk her cause with me but alas... I really like "Portions for Foxes". She's gonna fade away but personally this is worth checking out. (mp3's available)The Blow
- Oliver sent me this. I told him at the time that I thought it was too minimal for me. I still think it needs - oh I don't know - anything other than a noise making keyboard - but the more I listen to this the more I really like it. I'd like to fuck to 'How naked are we gonna get'. At least make out to it. Oh shit I just saw that they are on "Important Records" with Kimya - that's legitimacy to me.
Harlan T Bobo - This guy has been getting a lot of pub lately amongst the usual culprits. It's well worth it. The city of Memphis has also been getting a big play up lately as if there were 4 or 5 bands waiting to come out of there. I'll tell you who will like this: people who think Devendra Banhart is weird and love Lou Reed and David Byrne. I am going to buy his album this weekend. It's fucking unreal. (mp3's available)New Order
- I know this isn't new music but I got the leaked mp3's off of some websites for their upcoming album. It's pretty good. It sounds like mid 80's English non-sad bastard pop - mixed with some good hooks and good choruses. This is really gay guy music - which as you know - fits right into my persona - hell I listen to The Sounds and jump around. Suitcase Pimps
- Hmm - this is a little harsh and yeah they sort of sound like their name. It's like Julian and E combined voices to make this guy. But they forgot the backing instruments until - they are ready to swing or some shit. It's pretty par. (mp3's available)Martha Wainwright
- That's right Rufus' sister. It's not too bad. She's getting a ton of ink in second tier magazines and word has it she is becoming quite a large socialite in NYC. Chances of seeing her soon are pretty good. Plus her album is called "Bloody Motherfucking Asshole". So yeah awesome. (mp3's available)Mouserocket
- I've heard about this band for a while. It sound from their latest mp3 releases that they are starting to put it together but in a way too Mates of State/Polyphonic Spree kinda way. It's good though. (mp3's available)SONS AND DAUGHTERS
- FUCKING AWESOME! FUCKING AWESOME! IF YOU LOVE THE BLACK KEYS - WHICH EVRYONE SHOULD BY THIS POINT - THIS WILL BLOW YOUR NIPPLES OFF - (ALL CAPS DESERVED) johnny cash is their big hit - listent to it - love it. And you know what since I can't find this album in the states - I went here - and bought it - (mp3's available)
Sons and Daughters Love The Cup Mid-Price LP 8.00 GBP