Wells - Bup - Baby Tunes
Today you turn 2. There isn't much to say about 2. You've grown bigger. You've learned to operate marginally in the outside world. You are evolving.
Tomorrow you start school. You'll have Mrs. Stewart as your teacher - just as Ella did.
You like trucks. You like people. You pretty much like everything. You'll try new foods. You'll play with people and you love new things.
You're favorite phrases are "I don't know" pronounced (I nuh no), "I machine", "Go O's,", "I try", "yeah my turn", "Hold you minute" "Pee you" "baba"
You are the most loving of children. While you're sister is a little more brooding and cerebral about her efforts. You seem to go into everything with an certain optimism and acceptance. I never thought I could love something as much as I love Ella. But boy was I wrong. You are the most wonderful child anyone could hope for. You bring so much joy and love to our lives. I thoroughly look forward to what I can only imagine will be a very charmed life.
I couldn't be more proud that such a special little boy is my son. I adore you so much and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life doing that.
I hope you enjoy your special day - I know i'll enjoy you!
Bret and Ella trip 2016
“Without leaps of imagination or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all is a form of planning.” ― Gloria Steinem
On Thursday we leave for our trip. Here is our itinerary
1. West Virginia University - pick up some cool t-shirts - eat some lunch and see the campus
2. Charleston West Virginia - we need to knock this state capitol off our list. So far we've seen Richmond and Raleigh. We knocked those out last year. We'll take a photo in front of the state house and check out anything else in the area and stay there for the night.
3. Back to Raleigh to see a minor league baseball game and the Duke and UNC campus. I want you to see how beautiful some of these colleges are.
4. I've never seen the Durham Bulls play but they are the baseball team in one of my favorite movies Bull Durham.
5. Spend the night in Raleigh
6. Head to Charleston to pick up the family and then off to the beach.
I've allowed us enough time to see some scenery as well and anything else interesting that pops up. You really are a special person and I love you very very much. I can't wait to share these things with you - oh - and by the way - I've never been to any of these places either... so I owe you a debt of gratitude in allowing me someone special to share these journies with.
P.s. - don't worry Wells - you're coming next year when we hit some new places!