Movies, Playlists, and our trip - oh and the growth of Piper
I watched a movie recently about war and I thought to myself that I had yet to do anything truly great. In my life personal accomplishments aren't what I thought they would be - and I'm kind of ok with that because as you get older you aren't as idealistic as you used to be... you're more scared, a bit more weak and patient at the same time. My advice - when you feel like a lion... go be a lion - here are the things in my life that are likely my biggest accomplishments... in no particular order.
1. Being an all-state baseball player
2. Winning a national championship as part of the General Die Baseball team in 1995
3. Playing college baseball
4. Having 3 healthy beautiful children
5. Being able to buy nice stuff
6. Make a million dollars in one year
7. Acquire lots of "friends"
8. Travel to Korea and Thailand
9. Eat in the finest restaurants and stay at the finest hotels in America
10. Travel extensively across America
11. Be married
Anyway - that ain't much. And the further you get from death the more it goes down - I hope to at least do one or two more things in my life... maybe you'll help me figure it out.
In a few weeks Me, Ella, and Wells are going to take our summer road trip for a couple days. We are going to visit Annapolis, Possibly Mt Vernon Virginia, Nags Head, and see our Aunt Aggie in North Carolina.
PIPER UPDATE - the littlest one is still very little. But she is the only baby that has ever wanted to snuggle with me. When I pick her she looks to snuggle into my neck. She seems very funny - and she's also very quiet and a good sleeper. We appreciate that. Her hair is brown - she smells a little - but I think she's a keeper.
Til next time - love Dad